Re: Changing Window Title in Putty

You definitely confused me, and I'm still not entirely sure what you want. But you can set the window title for a PuTTY session and keep it from changing in the manner I described in my initial response. I assume you have a different PuTTY profile for each server to which you connect, so there should be no difficulty in customizing each to get the desired behavior.

Regardless, your settings on each server are only relevant to window titles if you want the server to control them instead of your terminal emulator; and in that case, it would be helpful to know such gory details as what shell you're running on the server, and what you actually want displayed locally.

I assume you're discussing windows on your local desktop, in which case, .screenrc is irrelevant (that only governs screen sessions).