Re: Changing Window Title in Putty

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/09/bash-shell-take-control-of-ps1-ps2-ps3-ps4-and-prompt_command/

> I've done as much as I am able to on my own through trial and error.
>
> This is what appear on fedora
>     [screen 0: user@localhost:~]
>
> This is what appears on debian 8
>     [screen 0: bash] user@localhost:~
>
> See the difference? i'd like the debian 8 one to be the same as the
> fedora one if at all possible.
> I guess this is merely a file change somewhere but I am unable to find
> what I need to change to get it to be the same.

Does localhost show the actual hostname?  That would be better.  Anyway
the link above should help you get a nice PS1/PS2 setup where you can
tell the user and the host easily and quickly....

Cheers
A.