Re: Installing newer kernels

On 03/18/2016 02:05 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I agree. The dist upgrade was problematic and I finally had to wipe the root
partition for a clean install. Thankfully, from my Caldera days, I use /opt

Hmm.. just to give a counter-point, almost all my current Debian
installs are the result of a stream of upgrades+clones from the first
install I performed, back in 2006.

I tend to "install all-the-things<TM>" and it tends to fall over like a house of cards with a major upgrade. Last time everything went smoothly and it rebooted to the login screen ...minus the login box window. As Roseanne Roseannadanna said "It's always something." :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html