Re: Good keyboard

On 02/14/2016 03:16 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
On 02/14/2016 12:33 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach rlharris@oplink.net <rlharris@oplink.net> [2016-02-14 11:20 +1300]:
For the Dvorak layout, just select the appropriate xkb map
(APPLICATIONS->SETTINGS->KEYBOARD).
Apart from there being no "Applications" menu on my Debian system… ;)
</tongueInCheek>

This won't address the issue of having keys labeled physically.
I can touch type, but there are times when I really appreciate to
just being able to hit the key as advertised without having to first
position, gain my bearing, and then move…

I've been using a microsoft Ergonomic model 4000 v.1 for years. I love it. I recently looked around for a replacement ( turned out not to be the problem). I found that the newer Microsoft keyboards were garbage in comparison. The only one that came close was a Fellows for which I can not remember the model. I spend a lot of time on the keyboard and much prefer the slanted ergonomic layout. It takes some getting used to but once you d you will never want to go back to a standard layout. I don't understand the fascination with the Dvorák keyboard. While I will admit that it is more efficient than the qwerty lay out, this really will come into play if you can type faster than 150 cps or so. Who can? Most users are lucky to make 40 cps and if programming even slower.

For your consideration.

Gary R

Oops. Corrections. Thats 150 wpm not 150 cps.

Gary R.