Re: Good keyboard

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016, shawn wilson wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2016 1:21 PM, "David Christensen"
> <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> >

> Thoughts?  Comments?
> >

> I don't have one of those (but I think I'll buy one). Currently I
> swear by my ducky mini (obviously remap caps lock to escape - also, I
> use vim/vim mode so YMMV if you like arrowing around which means it
> also doesn't do well in bios or lilo/grub - has fn arrow but that's
> obviously a PITA). I also have a DasKeyboard but a few keys squeak so
> that's turned into a $100 brick. And I have a Lexmark model M but
> still prefer my ducky due to its size on my desk.

When my last keyboard started failing, I replaced it with a Kensington
Keyboard for Life (K64307A).  Been using it now for 6 years or so.
Maybe longer.  Can't remember exactly.  Still works fine.  Blow it out
weekly, and clean the exterior monthly using 90% isopropyl alcohol.
Just as solid as it was when I bought it. If it ever fails Kensington
replaces it for free. It cost me $15 US IIRC.

FWIW, I do a lot of typing for my business and personal use.  Am even
working on a couple of books. I'm a touch typist. So, I don't pound on
it like it's a manual typewriter, but it does get daily use for
several hours a day. Anyone who spends $100 these days on a keyboard has
got to be nuts whether they think it's worth or not. But it's your
money.