Re: Good keyboard

On 02/10/2016 09:00 PM, David Niklas wrote:
If I'm remembering rightly, a while back (months), there was a
discussion about keyboards.
I noticed this one and wanted to know if it looks good and is worth $220
(the average BK goes for $100, so you can imagine my surprise), I'm
uncertain.
I'm I know that this might be an opinion matter.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/ugl/ultimate-hacking-keyboard

I don't need a new KB now, but the discount that is being offered will not
last forever.

I've just about beat my Dell/ Alps OEM keyboard to death, and have been searching for a replacement. The primary market for high-dollar keyboards seems to be gaming. A secondary is heavy typing (secretary, programming). My interest is the latter, but I do game occasionally. I prefer to keep the noise down. I like a number pad. My keyboard, mouse, KVM, and older machines use PS/2 cabling and connectors. I use PS/2 to USB adapters on newer machines. Multi-key rollover through the KVM works if the host is PS/2, but fails if the host is USB.

The CODE keyboard looks appealing:

    https://codekeyboards.com/

This page discusses the various Cherry key switch colors:

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

Does anybody have the CODE 104-Key MX Brown, or something similar? Thoughts? Comments?

David