Re: updating debian 8 (jessie) stable to permanent testing - SOLVED?

On Tue 26 Jan 2016 at 14:07:42 -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:

> After carefully considering the warm, supportive, heartfelt posts of
> support and encouragement in this and the other thread, I decided that
> maybe testing isn't for me.
>
> So I upgraded to unstable.

You're a little devil on the sly, aren't you? :)

> Let the breakage begin!
>
> Uptime: 1:53 . . .  and no breakage yet. Jealous?  :-)

The occasional 'apt-get update;' + 'apt-get upgrade' sees you through
stable for a long time without any problems. Take your time with
unstable and do as John Hasler advises. You have to be on top of it to
avoid any surprises.

upgrading and dist-upgrading frequently isn't obligatory. I've gone for
months without touching apt-get.