Re: Libre graphics could become the standard if we push right now

>> Just for the record, if microcode can play with the CPU internal
>> system state, say, the bits that specify whether the CPU is in
>> supervisor or user state, there's not much to stop, for instance, a
>> microcode update from providing an undocumented trap to a hidden
>> routine in the BIOS that does deep packet inspection and arbitrary
>> forwarding.
>
> http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/29730/processor-microcode-manipulation-to-change-opcodes

While we're on the topic of horrible horrible things that I don't want
to think about, and makes me want to move to a cave and run my own
transistor-based CPU:

https://libreboot.org/faq/#microcode

And more generally, secret chipset firmware: https://libreboot.org/faq/#intel