Re: Libre graphics could become the standard if we push right now

Zlatan Todoric:
> Now you are defending them why they have closed source things that we
> need if we want to properly use their hardware?

What I am saying is microcode is more on the hardware side.

Moreover what I am interested in is to set a tendency, rather than on things to change overnight.

Zlatan Todoric:
> I don't get the last sentence but ok.

Firmware is a common concern because it can be overwritten by malware, have malicious functionalities, or have back-doors.

That has never been the case with microcode. It just declares the instruction set, but is not an executable.