Re: LXDE Display Coordination

Felix,

Thank you for descriptions.

> > # cat /proc/cmdline
> > placeholder root=/dev/mapper/mycomp--vg-root ro initrd=/install/gtk/initrd.gz quiet
>
> Rather sparse, with nothing attempting to impact display configuration, other
> than hiding init messages (quiet). Did you do that as user instead of root?
> If not as root, do again as root.

I do not recall inputting this line.  If I did change it, it must have been as root as the user doesn't have write access.

> > # fbset
> > bash: fbset: command not found
>
> # apt-get install fbset and try again.

The output is:

mode "3840x2160"
    geometry 3840 2160 3840 2160 32
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    accel true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

> > This is interesting.  It is persistent for the user this was setup under.  The other users have not changed to 1920x1080.  Note, root has 1920x1080 desktop from the original session shell command.  Note 2, the boot paramters for 1290x1080 have been removed.
>
> How best to proceed depends on whether you want configuration done for only
> individual user(s), or globally. If you want global, then everything done in
> $HOME needs to be migrated out or eliminated.

I would like a global solution.  I am all the users.  After loosing login capabilities for a user on another installation, I set up two on this one.  Sure enough, the one I was working under lost graphic display.  So I immediately created two more.  Having a global solution, does have some risk.  If I blow it, I could loose all displays.  But the need for this solution is necessary, the screen is only readable with a magnifying glass at full resolution.

So where to do I migrate the $HOME configuration?
Is there a way to use /proc/cmdline to get the log on screen set to 1920x108?