Re: LXDE Display Coordination

ray composed on 2015-11-06 19:37 (UTC-0800):

> xfce4 reports the display to be eDP1.
> There is now a
> ~/.screenlayout
> with a file
> cDP1_1960x1080.sh
> with the one line
> xrandr --output HDMI1 --off cdP1 --mode 1960x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal

If that 1960 is a not a a simple email typo, change it to 1920. 1960x1080 is
a mode I've never seen, which probably does not exist.

> This line was generated by the arandr.

> On rebooting, it comes up in 3840x2160.

> Openning up arandr, it shows this same configuration.

> To get bootup screen in this mode, I used xfce4-session-settings (Sessions and Startup) | Application Autostart and the selected +Add and pointed it at the same location as above.  But now that I read it for the 3rd time, it is supposed to bring up the script at log on.

> On rebooting, it still comes up in 3840x2160.

> To change the DPI, I used the xfce4 appearance | settings and changed the dpi from 90 to 106.  There was no immediate change.  So I logged off and back on.  There was no change.  Maybe it wasn't enough.  So I changed it from 106 to 300.  Still no change.

> Since neither of these a being implemented and they show up where they are supposed to be, I must be missing something.

> I would appreciate any suggestions.

If a change from 1960 to 1920 does not help, try putting that xrandr command
in /etc/X11/ somewhere.

If still no joy, share an Xorg.0.log here.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/