Re: LXDE Display Coordination

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 10:30:05 AM UTC-6, Felix <snip>
> That "somewhere" looks to be e.g.
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/my1920x1080toOverride3840x2160Xsetup in Wheezy or Betsy.
>
> Before you try that, I fail to notice evidence you tried my 2015-11-01 22:11
> -0500 thread suggestion to append the video mode you want X to use to your
> kernel cmdline. Why not try that first if you didn't already?
>
> 	video=1920x1080@60
>
> You can do that on the fly by editing in your default grub menu stanza at
> boot time. If it works, make an appropriate change to
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub, then run update-grub and reboot.

Felix,

I was not able to find out how to add a parameter during the boot process.

I put the video=1920x1080@60 in the 'default' line, update-grub, update-grub2 and rebooted.  There was no change.

Followup for previous typo:
While the shell command had the correct designation '1920', I found file names using '1960'.  I changed all of them and rebooted, no change.

Also have:
~/.config/autostart# cat lxrandr-autostart.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=LXRandR autostart
Comment=Start xrandr with settings done in LXRandR
Exec=sh -c 'xrandr --output eDP1 --mode 1920x1080'
OnlyShowIn=LXDE

During a Xfce session, I changed the DPI from 96 to 300 and did not observe any difference in the display.  I am wondering if my expectations are misaligned.  Reading Xfce 'How toos', I see many descriptions where people build a disktop widget to click to change settings as if they have not implemented an automated method - which I prefer.