Re: Anybody know why aptitude is not installed by default in Sid?

And if you're installing X, then it's reasonable for Synaptic and other GUI admin tools to be part of the default setup. Those who prefer lower level tools and who know enough for that to be a good decision will know how to uninstall what they don't want or need and should have the privilege of doing so (unnecessary dependencies are bad).

John L. Ries              |
Salford Systems           |
Phone: (619)543-8880 x107 |
or     (435)867-8885      |