Re: bad ABI version?

Sven Joachim wrote:
> For the reference, this happened by accident, the new xserver version
> was meant to to go to experimental but ended up in unstable[1].
> 1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2015/05/msg00092.html

Ah the joys of living on Unstable.  :-)

> The reason being that the binNMU of xserver-xorg-video-intel failed,
> because that 18 months old driver is not compatible with xserver 1.17[2].
> 2. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784444

Thanks for the details.  That helps me understand the issues.

Sven Hartge wrote:
> My Magic Crystal Ball of Bug Seeing™ tells me, your system is dead but
> does not realize that fact. Your system will fall back to llvmpipe and
> seem to work fine (but a bit slow) but there will be problems and
> programms might segfault. (#756236 and #784444)

I am just chuckling over it.  Because I love hearing how Sid is really
very stable and good for everyone!  :-)

This one is going on the logs as yet another Sid even that isn't for
the faint of heart.

Thanks!
Bob