Re: command not found [SOLVED]

On Fri 18 Dec 2015 at 10:09:30 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 09:49:59AM +0000, Brian wrote:
> >
> > The guts of my ~/.fetchmailrc are
> >
> >   poll     <POP3 server>
> >   proto    pop3
> >   user     <Could be bob or bob@example.com>
> >   password <secret>
> >   ssl      <May or may not be needed. Depends on the server>
> >
> > 'fetchmail -c -v' for testing.
>
> Mine is similar:
>
> poll "pop.west.cox.net"
> protocol pop3
> username "holtzm"
> password "xxxxxxxx""
> mimedecode
> mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f -"

My final words on this issue (I hope). It is more an observation than a
criticism of anything that was done. In fact, I would have done the same
myself and copied ~/.fetchmailrc over to a new install.

One possible problem is changes in the new installed package. Maybe it
was something which was initially suboptimal. It is never good to rely
on things staying the same. Not that I'm pointing a finger at fetchmail
but there can be interactions which render a previous working setup
non-working in some aspect. It is good that the OP ended up with a
working mail system, even though the cause cannot be pinpointed.

This is a generality but there is at least one participant in this
thread who copied files over (CUPS was the software, I think) from an
old to a new install and came spectacularly unstuck. It pays to think
carefully when putting old wine into new jars.