Re: command not found [SOLVED]

On Wed 16 Dec 2015 at 11:05:22 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:06:14AM -0500, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> > Please post your .fetchmailrc, obfuscating any identifying
> > information in it.
> >
> > Scripts can yield up a "command not found" when the nfg executable
> > is not the script itself but, say, some utility called in the
> > script. (Think: "Do I need to make any egreps greps." Just an
> > _example_.)
> >
> > Also, run 'fetchmail --version' for debugging info.
>
> It was disabled in the /etc/default/fetchmail file.

What do you mean by "it"? Do you mean you changed

  START_DAEMON=no

  START_DAEMON=yes ?

What would that have to do with running the command "fetchmail"? Either
fetchmail fetches mail from a POP3 server or it doesn't. Running it as a
daemon would appear to me to have little to do with it, especially as
your first post did not mention this was requirement.

I have "START_DAEMON=no" and the fetchmail command does what it is
supposed to do.

You need to examine what your requirements are and how you have gone
about implementing them.