Re: A stop job is running for...

On 02/12/15 03:07, James P. Wallen wrote:
Thanks for your response, Sven. It's nice to know that someone else has
seen this type of problem. I was thinking that this could be
self-inflicted. Perhaps that's a little less likely now.

So, is this behavior controlled by systemd?

I'm not trying to start a fracas. I'm really interested. What I'm asking
is, do I need to start poring over systemd documentation to see if there
might be a way to control this behavior?

If a stop job is taking two minutes, that suggests that the service has one or more ExecStop lines defined in its service unit and that one of those commands is taking an unduly long time to complete for some reason.

The default and per-service timeout values for stopping a service (after which systemd gives up and sends fatal signals to all of the service's processes) are configurable; see the systemd-system.conf(5) and systemd.service(5) man pages for details.