Re: debian 8.2 live "standard" install - how to set up wifi?

On Fri 27 Nov 2015 at 21:16:40 +0300, moxalt wrote:

> I don't think you would. I use an ASUS N43SL with an AR9285 wireless chipset,
> and the wireless networking works fine. I also always install using the network
> install ISO, and networking is set up correctly each time. I would try this if
> I were you- I have practically no experience installing from the 'live-*' CDs,
> but the netinst might work.

Installing with netinst is good advice. Nobody as yet has come along to
advice us on how to go about it with a live-* CD.

> When installing (you don't even need to select any tasks; a minimal
> installation (even without the 'console environment' selection) should
> correctly set up networking via all compatible interfaces and furnish you with
> wpa_supplicant as well) try selecting the wireless option in the network setup
> menu just to make sure.

This bothers me. You install without any tasks (that's ok) and
networking is there when the new systam boots? Are you installing over a
wireless link? Just to emphasise - no wired connection is present.