Re: debian 8.2 live "standard" install - how to set up wifi?

1)
Per lspci, the network adapter is:
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01).

It is somewhat old, but not uncommon.  I have
run many distributions using it (including Debian), and never had to install proprietary firmware.
It seems to use open source driver(s).

2)
There is no desktop environment installed.  The install did not show an option to do so (I used the "text" install; not the "graphical" install).  It also did not offer to run tasksel, etc. I was surprised, I thought even the netinst.iso did that.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Thu 26 Nov 2015 at 05:06:49 +0000, Francis Gerund wrote:

> I just installed debian 8.2 stable, using the live "standard" 64-bit iso.
> The install was done using wifi, with no problem.
>
> Rebooting, I get a CLI interface (okay, for now), but it did not install
> networking (NOT ok)!

Would you say whether you installed a desktop environment?, I'm not
familiar with the behaviour of the live ISOs.

> ifconfig shows only an "lo" entry.
>
> So, how do I install wifi?
>
> I could uninstall, then try re-installing from a netinst iso, but I suspect
> I would end up with the same problem.

Not necessarily. It depends on the answer to the question.