debian 8.2 live "standard" install - how to set up wifi?

Hello!

I just installed debian 8.2 stable, using the live "standard" 64-bit iso.  The install was done using wifi, with no problem.

Rebooting, I get a CLI interface (okay, for now), but it did not install networking (NOT ok)!

ifconfig shows only an "lo" entry.

So, how do I install wifi?

I could uninstall, then try re-installing from a netinst iso, but I suspect I would end up with the same problem.

Or, I could uninstall, then try re-installing from a full desktop iso (xfce, mate, etc), but then I would end up with lots of pre-installed bloat, just to get networking going upon install.  Not cool.

And I do need wifi, not ethernet.

What to do?