Re: debianlive iso with xfce and clamav

On 11/25/2015 10:54 AM, Brian wrote:
On Wed 25 Nov 2015 at 09:37:39 -0600, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:

On Wed, November 25, 2015 7:22 am, Brian wrote:
On Wed 25 Nov 2015 at 11:29:52 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
David
is talking about using the USB as an installation target.

Personally I would forget about a customised Debian Live and follow
David's suggestion to install Debian on a USB stick. Unstable can be
installed to a stick with the mini.iso from

http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-i386/current/
images/netboot/

I am ignorant here; the technique is new to me.

After installation to a USB stick, then what?  Do I boot the Windows
machine with the USB on which Debian is installed?

Yes.

And does the resulting environment differ from the environment provided by
the debianlive ISO?

Not that I'm aware of. (You'll need to install what you need on the
stick, of course.

Kindly enlighten me!

Consider yourself enlightened.

Plus, to me, the install from USB stick is much quicker. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html