Re: System Dorked -- Help!

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:53 pm
Subject: Re: System Dorked -- Help!
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

> Hi,
>
> > Hope all those >'s do not foul this up.
>
> No danger.
> The only problem with ">" is the dreaded ">From" mailbox escape
> which might be confused with ">From" meant as quote.
>

> > I am using a Debian live CD. So that Kali business comes from
> there but is
> > nowhere shown when running of the CD.
>
> Strange. Afaik, Kali is based on Debian but not part of it.
>

> > The new root not connected -- the SATA cable was not in. As I
> said, I was
> > experimenting with the cables.
>
> So what is your system dork intensity, currently ?
>
> Still lots of error messages from LILO (or booting kernel)
> and no login ?
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Current status:
>From mount of root partition in Debian live session, moun --bind /dev to root partition's dev,
Lilo runs, seemingly OK.

On booting, get errors. Can get to console login titled Kali, but cannot log in to it, not previous users, "user," root, nada.

Errors:
Loads of LSB cannot do something
including LVM, but I am not using it.
login daemon.

Tried restoring previous boot loader: lilo -i  ... -M .... mbr
Was not bootable.