Re: make system boot straight to browser connection

David Wright wrote:
Quoting Richard Owlett (rowlett@cloud85.net):
David Wright wrote:
[snip]
Were I to set up a machine at home to autologin, I would not want it
to login as me, nor root, nor anonymous. I would configure a user
called, say, "kiosk" and that would be my "choice of which user login
to auto-login as."

IOW no choice has to be made each time you actually power-up the machine.

How
   Squeeze with Gnome2?
   Jessie with Mate?

The user name would be myexperiments. It would have minimal set of
privileges.

I don't know. I don't really understand your original question. It
said "How to do an autologin? In a DE independent way?" [snip]

I have 2 machines.
One is Squeeze with Gnome2 DE.
One is Jessie with Mate DE.
Desired user name to be "myexperiments" having a minimal set [TBD] privileges.
Power on yields operating system.