Re: make system boot straight to browser connection

Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]

How to do an autologin? In a DE independent way?

http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=autologin&apropos=1
gave no relevant links.

A Google search gave only decade old or DE related links.

I currently use Mate, but exploring other desktops(avoiding Gnome
3!!!;}.
I'd like something similar to autoexec.bat from DOS/CPM days.

I received two suggestions, neither suitable:
1. nodm was recommended by the ??? who has publicly stated that he ignores
     how I phrase my questions.
2. runt was also suggested. I chased down a series of links but didn't see
     how to apply it to my preferences.

Prior to my post I had done a web search for "autologin". I did another with [I assume] slightly different criteria. I suspect "DE independence" may not be achievable.