Re: make system boot straight to browser connection

David Wright wrote:
Quoting Lisi Reisz (lisi.reisz@gmail.com):
On Friday 16 October 2015 01:46:16 Joel Rees wrote:
One problem is that some kiosk mode techniques assume that you really
don't want to login at all, where others will require you to make a
choice of which user login to auto-login as.

Surely, if you have to make a choice it is no longer *auto*login?

Were I to set up a machine at home to autologin, I would not want it
to login as me, nor root, nor anonymous. I would configure a user
called, say, "kiosk" and that would be my "choice of which user login
to auto-login as."

IOW no choice has to be made each time you actually power-up the machine.

How
  Squeeze with Gnome2?
  Jessie with Mate?

The user name would be myexperiments. It would have minimal set of privileges.