Re: ask.debian.net

On Fri 28 Aug 2015 at 11:28:20 -0400, Lev Lazinskiy wrote:

> On 08/28/2015 11:14 AM, Ric Moore wrote:

> >> Not sure what you mean by that. This is the information I was looking
> >> for https://wiki.debian.org/DebianNetDomains .. none of this is in the
> >> WHOIS.
> >

> > There is a mailing address and phone number listed. At any rate, you can
> > always register a new domainname. Ric
>
> Ok. The other people on this list got me the information that I needed
> and I am in the process of setting up discourse now for ask.debian.net
> thanks to this list.

You are? That's quick! Discourse looks interesting but it is worth
querying whether the quality of the software running a site is critical
to the site's popularity. ask.debian.net started off well enough; quite
a number of developers answered questions. But, as time went on, it
declined. My view is that this mailing list and forums.debian.net are
enough for the Debian help system.

Be that as it may, would it be it be asking too much to keep this list
informed on progress. Thanks for your work.

> I don't think you understood the nature of my request but if it was not
> for this list I have no idea how long it would have taken to get in
> touch with the person I needed.

I think Ric does understand the request but cannot resist putting the
boot in. :) It's all part of the debian-user experience.