Re: ask.debian.net

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 03:24:52PM +1000, Riley Baird wrote:
> > I am curious if anyone knows who runs ask.debian.net or *.debian.net in
> > general?
>
> debian.net services are unofficial; they are just entries in a DNS
> table.

Right, but who owns debian.net?

> As for ask.debian.net, I don't know who runs it, but it's pretty much
> dead.
Exactly, the reason why I ask this question is because I want to bring it
back to life. I think part of the reason why it was so unsuccessful is
because Shapado is buggy, unusable, an appears to no longer be
maintained. I think that there is some value to have a Q&A style support
section and I wanted to replace shapado with a more modern and
sustainable Q&A format, specifically discourse[1].

So if I could figure out who runs ask.debian.net we can work on perhaps
importing some of the old questions into the new platform. And if that
does not work we can always create a separate subdomain on debian.net
which is why it would be great to get in touch with whoever has the
power to do that.

Thank you!
Lev

[1] http://www.discourse.org/