Re: File check at boot

> Quoting Erick Ocrospoma <zipper1790@gmail.com>:
>
> And the only half helpful suggestion from the hosting was running in single
> mode from grub, but the disk is mounted at that time. Else to rollback a
> snapshot of the server which would mean hours of reconfiguration which I am
> hoping to avoid.

It may be possible to run fsck in single mode. Remount the root
partition in read-only mode:

    mount -o remount,ro /

If it fails due to open files, find the daemons opening files for
writing on the root partition and terminate them (or kill -9 if
necessary).

Lsof may help you find what daemon has open files but last time I
tried, it was simpler to run ps aux and kill what obviously was a
logger of some sort and it was enough to remount the partition in read
only mode.

Then run fsck.

Frederic