No sound in Debian 8 'jessie' Xfce on Youtube

Hi,
I have had problems with Debian 8 'jessie' Xfce edition. I didn't get any sound initially. Then after 'some' configuration, I got sound working. But sound related problems were still there. When I plug-in the headphone I got no sound. Then I have to re-adjust using 'pavucontrol' and 'alsamixer'. And the main problem was with Youtube videos. I thought that was because I don't have Flash player installed and I don't want to. But then I tried Debian jessie GNOME and everything was working fine. Even the Youtube video's sound. So what's the deal with Xfce? Why there was no sound on YouTube? And why I had to configure every time I switch from and to headphone and speaker?

With thanks,
Muntasim Ul Haque