File check at boot

Hi,

Mail from desperate user here:

OS: Debian 8.1 Jessie

Scenario: Mail/web server with file corruption. I have I/O errors on a few blocks which results in regular (daily) server crashes (including kernel panic) at random times during the day, usually afternoon CET. I need to run fsck on the disks. I have grub2 installed on the server.

Catch: For some reason there is only one partition - yes I know this is retarded. Catch2: This is on virtual hosting provider so I can access the server through ssh or vnc but not physically

How can I run fsck at boot time while the disks are umounted. Adding single to the grub linux kernel line fails to actually run fsck as the disk is mounted when server goes into rescue mode. I've Googled and (among other suggestions) read about the systemd fsck service but am not sure this will help or really how to invoke the thing properly Adding init=/bin/systemd fsck.mode=force fsck.repair=yes didn't seem to do much.

Desperate for suggestions.

/Martin S
--
Martin Skjöldebrand @ Home.
*** Please use my primary mail address at the .org domain if possible ***