Re: Comments on Lenovo desktops

Since there are very few specs listed, I will make the assumption that this is a bare box unit. Perhaps with onboard sound and video. This unit in the USA should go for about $150. Don't know your currency exchange rate.  I an not a fan of Cellaron processors,  but for the lower specs required for your uses it should work fine.  When purchasing anything,  always examine the seller first.

On Jul 13, 2015 10:11 AM, "Lisi Reisz" <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday 13 July 2015 16:03:04 Martin Read wrote:
> More realistically, the question one has to ask is not the absolute "can
> I trust this equipment?" (to which the answer is always "no" unless
> you've, say, immersed it in a few dozen gallons of aqua regia or heated
> it past the Curie point of any magnetic storage platters inside it), but
> the relative "can I trust this equipment *enough* to be able to use it
> for my intended purposes without exposing myself to unacceptable levels
> of risk?".

And "How hard am I going to have to fight its hard-wired preference for
Windows?".  And "Am I going to win that fight and be able to run Linux?".

Lisi