Re: Comments on Lenovo desktops

On 13/07/15 14:41, Man_Without_Clue wrote:
Chinese made.
How can you trust that?

Just about every piece of consumer (and quite a lot of not-so-consumer) electronics on the market probably contains *some* non-volatile storage components manufactured in a facility whose management are potentially willing to cooperate with one or more intelligence agencies (or even lesser entities such as, say, the local equivalent of the Mafia) whose interests may be inimical to yours.

More realistically, the question one has to ask is not the absolute "can I trust this equipment?" (to which the answer is always "no" unless you've, say, immersed it in a few dozen gallons of aqua regia or heated it past the Curie point of any magnetic storage platters inside it), but the relative "can I trust this equipment *enough* to be able to use it for my intended purposes without exposing myself to unacceptable levels of risk?".