Re: Comments on Lenovo desktops

On Monday, 13 July, 2015 07:54 PM, Dan Keast wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently considering buying new hardware too, if Lenovos have become a spyware delivery tool, is there a happy medium between them and the gluglug Libreboot X200?

Cheers,
Dan

On 13 July 2015 at 02:12, Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au <mailto:andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au>> wrote:

    Hi Lisi,

    On 13/07/2015 8:48 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
    > But I don't like the loook of this:
    > Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2) Security Chip
    > Again, comments please.

    I would be more concerned Lenovo for other reasons; helping customers
    with spyware MITM SSL certs.... for that reason alone, even though it
    was in the Windows world, I would be wary of supporting Lenovo ever
    again.  They are not the same as IBM once was.

    Kind Regards
    AndrewM