Re: Please help with - it seems - no WiFi interface at all

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 04:53:22PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> The fabricant specifications say that my old Hyundai laptop has an Intel
> PRO/Wireless 2200BG, whose driver, according to https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi,
> should be in the firmware-ipw2x00 Debian package which I installed via aptitude
> but with no effect.  Looking better at them, I notice now, next to the device
> name, the word `Options' put within brackets:
>
>  Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG (Options)
>
> , that recalls what you say about `optional' wireless in older laptops...  So
> does that mean it's not present in my machine?

Since lspci does not show the 2200BG, I strongly suspect it was
never present.

It is possible, however, that it came on a miniPCI adapter,
internally, and that has somehow become loose. If you are
comfortable opening up your machine, you could look for that.

-dsr-