Re: Please help with - it seems - no WiFi interface at all

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Sun 28 Jun 2015 at 17:16:19 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 15:54 +0100, Brian wrote:
>> > BTW, 70-persistent-net.rules does not show what hardware is on the
>> > system. However, it does show that at some time in the past wlan0
>> > used a USB wireless device.
>>
>> I know, but at the time it was posted it was the best clue to the wifi
>> hardware available.
>
> Only the OP  knows when it was last used. Only the OP knows whether it
> worked. It was by way of a hint; who knows what the future will bring.

Maybe it was the usb-bluetooth adaptor?  I don't know, and it's clear I'm no
expert at all.

The WiFi hardware on my machine should be Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, but it is
probably dead, because installing firmware-ipw2x00 had no effect.  But I have
some other WiFi hardware, that I bought yesterday and that's detected - so it
seems - on wlan0 after installing firmware-realtek: it is a wireless-USB
adaptor, the TL-WN725N.  I've been googling to search a proper driver for it,
but the matter looks to be hard issue.  I also found:

 https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2013/10/msg0

.  Any hint/help appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodolfo