Re: Please help with - it seems - no WiFi interface at all

Glad to hear you've got it working.

Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):
> David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):
> >> The WiFi hardware on my machine should be Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, but it
> >> is probably dead, because installing firmware-ipw2x00 had no effect.  But I
> >> have some other WiFi hardware, that I bought yesterday and that's detected -
> >> so it seems - on wlan0 after installing firmware-realtek: it is a
> >> wireless-USB adaptor, the TL-WN725N.  I've been googling to search a proper
> >> driver for it, but the matter looks to be hard issue.
> >
> > Hard in what way? I see drivers at
> > http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WN725N_V2.html#Driver
> > (for version 2), but I've no idea if either works.
>
> It is said to be for Windows.

For cases where the linux drivers *don't* work, the windows driver
can be used with ndiswrapper.

In the case of my Zyxel G302v3, I blacklist the rtl8180 module
(which thinks it can drive the card but cannot), download and
unpack G-302 v3_7.00.zip from the realtek website, and feed
WIN7X86/NET8185.inf into ndiswrapper.

I don't know what hardware you have, but some older laptops came
with *optional* wireless, so that might explain it "not working".
Do the FCC/CE stickers give any clues?

Cheers,
David.