Re: HELP! Cannot use mouse or keyboard any more

On 06/08/2015 02:34 PM, Erwan David wrote:
Le 08/06/2015 20:31, Erwan David a écrit :
You need xorg.conf when you want something else than the default for
the detected hardware. However you can only define your variation from
this default. You may even define it through several files in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d ( see xorg.conf.d(5) )

Sorry for my poor english. I meant that you can add definitions for your
variation, without using a full xorg.conf configuration file.

I have yet to get anything more than a black screen without an xorg.conf file. So, if the OP just uses nvidia-xconfig (as root), reboots, and it all works, end of story. Then, he can use nvidia-settings to tweak his video system. I wouldn't leave home without it. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html