Re: Laptops, UEFI, Secure Boot and Debian

On Monday 25 May 2015 08:35:40 Bret Busby wrote:
> On 25/05/2015, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 May 2015, Paul E Condon wrote:
>
> <snip>

> With UEFI and the forced Security Boot that is part of UEFI, with
> toxic waste Setup Utilities like Inshite, which fraudulently
> misrepresents that it implements Dual Mode, Inshite being the Setup
> Utility that comes with Acer laptops, all that is needed to be done,
> is that the boot method gets switched using the system Setup Utility,
> between UEFI to boot into Microshite Windows 8.x, and Legacy Mode to
> install and boot into a proper operating system, like Linux.
[snip]
> boot into Microshite Windows, until the people responsible for UEFI
> and its implementations, get their act together, and acknowledge that
> operating systems other than Microshite Windows, exist, and are used.

Brett,
I understand that you are angry with Microsoft, but could oyu please post in
English?  This is, after all, the English language list.

I know that Microshite is Microsoft, but what on earth is Inshite?  I don't
_think_ you mean this:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inshite
At least, it doesn't make sense.

Lisi