Re: (should be) simple bind problem

On May 25, 2015, at 1:00 AM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> Glenn English wrote:
>> root@srv:~# ps -ef | grep named
>> bind      2098     1  0 May10 ?        00:00:36 /usr/sbin/named -u bind
>> root     10498     1  0 May10 ?        00:00:50 /usr/sbin/named -c /etc/bind/named.conf
>
> There are two of them running?  That doesn't seem right.  The first
> one looks okay but the second one does not.
>
> I would be inclined to kill both of them.  Then start it up again and
> check all over again.

Just tried that. They were still 2 of them there. I stopped Bind9 with the init.d script, but the second (root) was still there. So I killed it and started Bind again (init script doesn't 'killall named' I guess??). Now it looks right.

FWIW, the one started by root was dated yesterday. I started today's Bind a few minutes ago, and root hasn't started another one yet.

I'll look through the logs and look at the rest of your message later.

--
Glenn English