Re: Grub2 (Wheezy) booting off either disk in a RAID1 mirror

Andrew Wood a écrit :

> One further question though when doing this it gives the option of
> installing grub on both sda and sdb (which I selected) but also md1
> which is the main root file system (which I left unselected ). Under
> what circumstances would you choose this? Presumably only if grub was
> being used as a chainloader with something else in the MBR?

I guess so. The "something else" would have to understand Linux md
software RAID, so it probably would be another GRUB. There is a cleaner
way to boot GRUB from another GRUB than chainloader : multiboot the
core.img file in /boot/grub.

However a software RAID device does not match any BIOS device, so I
doubt that grub-install would accept it.