Re: Grub2 (Wheezy) booting off either disk in a RAID1 mirror

Darac Marjal a écrit :
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 02:52:21PM +0100, Andrew Wood wrote:
>> Ive got 2 disks in a RAID1 mirror and am trying to setup Grub 2 so that I
>> can boot from either disk if one fails.
>> Ive tried using dd to copy the MBR over but when booting from  one of the
>> disks I just get the word GRUB which I guess is because its looking for the
>> stage 2 loader on the other disk?
>>
>> How can I configure Grub2 correctly such that I can boot with either disk
>> removed?
>
> I think you should be able to install grub (that is, run grub-install)
> for both devices (grub-install /dev/sda ; grub-install /dev/sdb # for
> example).

It works, but the "right way" is to reconfigure the grub-pc package with

# dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc

and choose to install the bootloader on both disks. This way the
bootloader will be automatically reinstalled properly when the package
is upgraded.

If the system boots from UEFI with grub-efi-*, it gets a little
different though.