Re: [solved] Re: Change partition numbering

Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):
> David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> writes:
> > Quoting Joe (joe@jretrading.com):
> >> Everything else is likely to refer to the mount points in
> >> fstab, and if mounting is by UUID, presumably nothing needs to be done
> >> even there.
> >
> > Indeed, and also if using LABELs. That's why I wondered about the
> > reason for making the change if it was at all risky (which it turned
> > out not to be). The OP didn't say.
>
> I said, that I had to ptoperly edit fstab and, also, reisntall grub boot loader
> to mbr, with Debian Installer rescue mode.  The system wouldn't boot any more.

I wondered why the non-increasing partition numbers worried you enough
that you needed to change them round. Was that because "The system
wouldn't boot any more" immediately after resizing whichever
partition? Or did the system fail to boot only after you swapped the
partition numbers over? I can't tell which.

Cheers,
David.