Re: samba issue

Strange issue. Could you post your samba config?

yep, at below

There aren't any entries in non-samba logfiles when the connection is
dropped?

I think... I've checked ALL log files of my system.

Is this also happening when there's only the client and the samba server
on the LAN? Are they on the same switch?

Now I testing with 2 laptop directly connected via wired to ethernet card of server (I putted of all other netword cards).

An example of samba config file (if you have some time and you want I can send you tcpdump output).

cat ...smb.conf

domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 60
netbios name = SIGN
workgroup = WORKGROUP
Server String = SIGN
name resolve order = host dns bcast
hosts deny = ALL
hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/24
interfaces = lo0 eth0

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

loglevel=10
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
debug timestamp = yes

security=user
encrypt passwords = yes

[upload]
path=/path
writable = yes
browseable = yes
printable = no
valid users = user1

same problem if I change "name resolve order", "socket options", "interfaces"

I also checked files in /var/lib/samba/

I also tested with smbclient tool: same problem.

thanks

Pol