Re: samba issue

I had a similar problem with samba (on jessie), but under slightly
different conditions. Under full load
the interface went down and it took several minutes to retrieve
connectivity.

I solved the problem by switching from the default driver (r8169) to the
optional r8168 kernel module available through r8168-dkms.
If you're also using a realtek nic compatible with the r8168 module that
might be worth a try.

Btw: I wouldn't specify any "socket options" unless you're having
performance problems. Under normal conditions the parameters are
automatically adjusted and manually tuning these parameters might worsen
you're performance (see man smb.conf).

Janis