Re: Debian 7 and external monitors and graphics adaptors

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 15:01:55 +0800
Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18/04/2015, Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2015-04-17, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Quoting Bret Busby (bret.busby@gmail.com):
> >>
> >> Lucky you. 2GB here.

> >> Eh? Squeeze ran quite happily for me with a Klamath Pentium II on
> >> an Atlanta mobo with 384MB of RAM. What on earth *are* you running?
> >
> > I suspect the OP is confused about used vs free memory[1].
> >

> No.
>
> It has been made quite clear, in previous posts - it is to do with the
> RAM being used up without memory swapping, occurring, when memory
> usage shows at 90-95%, with no memory swapping.
>
> But, this thread has now descended into flaming, and so I simply give
> up on it, and, on trying to get Debian 7 to work, via the mailing
> list.

Well, before you give up, have you tried the advice you have been
given? There should be plenty there to get you started, and several
resources for reading.

It is hard to help when you do not respond about what you have tried
and not, and what has/hasn't worked.

I'm not interested in arguing with you, but have actually tried to
help. If you are not interested in help, there is very little we can do
for you.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"