Re: Debian 7 and external monitors and graphics adaptors

On 2015-04-17, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Bret Busby (bret.busby@gmail.com):
>> The computers upon which I run Debian 6, have only 16 GB of RAM, and,
>
> Lucky you. 2GB here.
>
>> expecially with Debian 6 not having adequate memory management (as
>> previously mentioned, memory swapping does not work effectively), so,
>
> Eh? Squeeze ran quite happily for me with a Klamath Pentium II on an
> Atlanta mobo with 384MB of RAM. What on earth *are* you running?

I suspect the OP is confused about used vs free memory[1].

>> A well written web site, does not need the malware that is javascript.
>
> I'm not sure why you want to press people's buttons all the time with
> this (and worse) language.

<SNIP>

Yep. That, and debian stable as a trojan horse, and AMD and MIcrosoft
ASP conspiring to conceal drivers from Linux users, yadda yadda. Now,
where's that kill file ...

1: http://www.linuxatemyram.com/ (Warning: contains JavaScript!)

--

Liam