Re: Book questions

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 5:00:04 PM UTC+5:30, Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 03:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
> Rusi Mody wrote:
> > Specifically for linux system-level stuff, python will give you
> > 80-90% of the C level stuff at ⅕ the pain.
> > eg for TCP/IP networking look at
> > https://docs.python.org/2/library/socket.html
>
> OK, that sounds reasonable. I am looking at books that I can purchase
> online, does anyone know if "Learning Python" from O'Reilly is decent?

Learning python is good for learning python :-)
Not for learning linux system calls

Not sure of book for TCP/IP (sockets) but if you see this tutorial
https://docs.python.org/3/howto/sockets.html
you will see that in couple of lines you are actually trying something at the
interpreter.

C (or C++/Java/C#...) programmers never get the advantage of using an interpreter.
Heck you could use a C interpreter; but for some reason this is considered
improper