Re: Book questions

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:29:58 +0100
Iain M Conochie <iain@thargoid.co.uk> wrote:
> Not to mention security as well - there is even a possible integer
> overflow in one of the examples!
> To be fair, I am not too sure how much of the security implications
> of C were known in 1988.

I want to thank everyone for their answers in this thread, you have all
been very helpful.

Now that you mention security, that leads me to another question - are
there any good books on writing secure programs? I would guess that
would be a good thing to think about from the start, as to learn good
practices?

Another thing - I have been thinking about also learning Python, for
instance for interacting with GTK, and for writing things that might be
hard to do in C. Would that be a good choice, or should I look at any
other languages before I start?

Thanks again,

Petter

--