Re: Is gnome-core *really* the gnome minimal install?

Op Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:14:47 +0200 schreef David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>:

[I'm hoping this isn't a duplicate post, but my first
attempt was rejected by bendel.debian.org as forged.]

Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):
According to documentations, gnome-core package is considered to be the very minimal gnome installation in Debian. But in my personal experience it is not
so.

Which documentation? Without seeing it, we can't tell whether the doc
is well-worded or not.

I think Rodolfo had read:
https://wiki.debian.org/Gnome

GNOME (core only)
gnome-core package
This is a minimalist GNOME installation
(You have to install all end-user applications later). Above packages depend on this one.

and I agree that the sentence "You have to install all end-user applications later" is incorrect. Even Iceweasel is a dependency of gnome-core. I didn't know that Mozilla is a part of gnome.

Floris