Can't add pendrive stick as installation media (was: Network install)

Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):

David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> writes:

> Quoting Brian (ad44@cityscape.co.uk):
>> On Fri 30 Jan 2015 at 15:00:17 -0600, David Wright wrote:
>>
>> > Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):

>> > Insert the pendrive, and see where it's mounted (from the logs, console
>> > etc.)
>> >
>> > mount -t auto /dev/sdZ1 /mnt
>> >
>> > where Z is b, c, d as appropriate
>> >
>> > apt-cdrom -d=/mnt add
>>
>> About a year ago I spent an afternoon investigating why this didn't work
>> for me. Locating the notes I made would take time.
>
> Ditto. Yes, you also need to stop it unmounting and so on. Thus
>
> apt-cdrom -d /mnt --no-auto-detect -m add
>
> will do it, where "it" is to stick
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Jessie_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 <datetime>]/ jessie main
>
> in /etc/apt/sources.list and check the contents.

Nothing, and nothing.  I also tried with Jessie, testing, but it seems there's
no way to make Debian add pendrive sticks as installation media.  sources.lists
is not at all modified, and the pendrive stick is not accepted as installation
media: the system insists on requiring a CD-ROM.

Rodolfo